Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Salad Was the Star

Ismael decided to work today since he's been making pretty good hours. I was dreading another lonely day by myself; but alas, I made the most of it. First, I went to Beachwood and tackled the picturesque stairs. I went up and down five times (my norm) while I rocked out on my iPod. Next, I went to the Chandler bike path and donned my roller skates. I skated the full four mile path, trying to ignore my burning quads. (Yes, I wore my helmet.) Then I stopped by the library to check out Tana French's The Likeness. I've been to the library three times already attempting to check out this novel. I guess other people also read the glowing review in Glamour magazine, because only now was I successful in getting my hands on this much talked about murder mystery.


Even though I was starving from my rigorous workout, I took the time to make an amazing salad. VoilĂ !







Feast your eyes on my spicy salad of green leaf lettuce, roma tomato, white onion, giant olives stuffed with jalapenos, and pickled chili peppers tossed in a simple vinaigrette. (I basically raided my fridge.) I ate it with a half sandwich and half banana (leftover meat from last night's dinner and fruit from this morning's breakfast).

No comments:

Post a Comment