Thursday, January 21, 2010

Are You Smarter Than A Sixth Grader?

The other night, my sister Kris sent out an email to the family asking for help on my oldest nephew's math problem.

"Five friends worked together on a project. Mattie, Jerad, and Stu all worked the same length of time. Tisha worked a total of three hours, which is equal to the total amount of time that Mattie, Jerad, and Stu worked. Pablo and Mattie together worked half the total amount of time that the five friends worked. How many hours did Pablo work?"

We, of course, solved the problem easily. We're Asian, after all! Can you figure it out?

2 comments:

  1. I solved the problem easily as well. I wonder why...is it because I'm not Asian...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...not all of us solved the problem, I emailed y'all after half hr of unsuccessfully trying to figure out myself...guess I'm not Asian

    ReplyDelete